Wednesday, December 8, 2010

It's a start--7 Flights of Stairs in the house

On December 8th of 2010, I started training.

I thought of driving to a high rise, but anything really high is in mid-town Philadelphia (Philadelphia natives refer to that as Center City), with expensive limited parking, I discounted that possibility.

I live in New Jersey and there are limited high rises near me--mostly apartments.

Time was ticking away when I decided to climb up my stairs until I got tired.

Climb up my stairs?

Yes, that's right, the stairs in my house.

It wasn't long before I was tired---7 flights and I stopped.

If you don't believe me, you can check my You Tube video of the 7 flights here...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uaH77zHHul0

If you check out the You Tube video, you can see I did 7 flights of stairs, accompanied by the strange looks of our dog Madison, and the sounds of my wife making a delicious dinner.

7 flights up, 7 flights down. 14 steps up. 14 steps down.

I decided not to count the down steps, so I entered 98 (7 times 14) in my spreadsheet. (Always record your exercise, it's one of my tips that you'll read about later.)

7 flights didn't seem like a lot, but I wanted to make sure I could do 8 the following day.

8? Where did I come up with that number?

Well, somewhere on the stairs, I got the bright idea to add 1 flight of stairs to my training every day until I got to something?

Something being perhaps the number of flights in the building that the actual climb was taking place (50).

Something being perhaps the number of steps in the building that the actual climb was taking place (1,088)

Perhaps some kind of round number like 100 flights of stairs in the house.


No comments:

Post a Comment